Hoo boy, I chose a couple difficult positions for my mannikin drawings last night. I only did two – I had so little time, so it generally seems like on those kinds of nights, focusing on these &/or gestures is a good idea. Anyways, it was a bit rough. Some obscured limbs, not really seeing the shapes of the figure properly, etc.
This one was even worse, particularly with the hands/arms & that right leg. And the torso. Urgh. It looks like his spin is coming from his shoulder.
But then I moved onto gestures, & I’m a little bit more happy with these.
I’m actually particularly pleased with this bottom one on the right – it was a difficult pose, & I was really focusing on trying to get the foreshortening looking decent. Not perfect, but better than usual, I think!